Bells Are Ringing
On May 17, 2018, a beautiful bronze bell was placed in the bell tower in the Old Stone Church. The bell, poured in 1889, was purchased by Barbara Helderman Tardiff to the GLORY OF GOD and delivered in honor of all who have helped in the restoration of the Old Stone Church. Mrs. Tardiff grew up a member of the Old Stone Church and is now a member of the Glenn Springs Presbyterian Church.
The bell that was replaced was given in memory of William B. Smith and will have a plaque placed on it and kept in an appropriate place. Read More
Community Litter Pickup
The weather was great on Saturday, April 14, 2018, as 25 volunteers came together to make the Pauline-Glenn Springs and Stone Station areas beautiful by removing trash. A total of 91 bags of litter was picked up throughout the morning in different areas of the community. Thanks to all who helped by bringing snacks, making and distributing signs for publicity, and picking up the litter off the sides of the roads.
Historic Venue for your special event!
The Old Stone Church offers an exceptional setting to host your next event. For more information or to make a reservation please email Linda at email@example.com. The church is also a beautiful location for prom, family, or special event photos. $50 first hour payable in advance, $25 for additional hour.
Nine years after restoration began, the Old Stone Church hosted a beautiful wedding and reception on May 14, 2016. It is the first wedding there in sixty years. Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple.
Our monthly meeting is held at the Glenn Springs Presbyterian Church on the first Thursday of each month at 7 PM. Changes to the date and time will be posted on our site. Those interested in the Preservation of our Community History and Buildings are welcome. GSPS is a director based non-profit organization. No annual dues. All are invited to join.
For more information call 864-582-5429.
Incredible Support From GSPS Members
On January 5, 2017, at the first meeting of the year, the members of the GSPS pledged $20,000 to finish restoration of the old stone church at Glenn Springs. Work to be completed includes installation of heating and air, ducts and vents, as well as installing the hard wood floor which will have a geometric design. The ten year project will soon be finished! Click here to continue reading.
Post Office Donated to GSPS
Originally a saddler's shop constructed around 1900 and located near the historic Glenn Springs Hotel, the building served as the Glenn Springs Post Office until it closed in 1969. In 1981 William Hambrick purchased, refurbished, and relocated the structure across from the Calvary Episcopal Church. In June 2015 the Hambrick family deeded the post office to the GSPS. Through the work of GSPS members Barbara and Marion Eubanks and Cates Hayes the building has been cleaned, doors repaired, and a new lock installed. A solar light has been added to the flag pole so it is lit at night.
- About Us
- Dedication of the Old Stone Church 2018
- New Bell Installed 2018
- Fall Fundraiser 2017
- Fall Fundraiser 2016
- Spring Fundraiser 2016
- Easter Egg Hunt 2016
- Phase I-New Roof
- Phase II-Foundation Repair
- Phase III-Windows & Doors
- Phase IV-Floors
- Phase V- Outdoor Lighting
- Bell Tower
- Boots & BBQ 2012
- Fall Fundraiser 2014
- Fall Fundraiser 2015
- Cates Building
- Contact Us
- Calendar of Events