Post Office Refurbishment COMPLETE
Originally a saddler's shop constructed around 1900 and located near the historic Glenn Springs Hotel, the building served as the Glenn Springs Post Office until it closed in 1969. In 1981 William Hambrick purchased, refurbished, and relocated the structure across from the Calvary Episcopal Church. In June 2015 the Hambrick family deeded the post office to the GSPS.
The building has been painted, the roof repaired, door thresholds replaced, windows and door frames painted, signage repainted and hung in original location. The inside of the building has been cleaned and refinished. Many thanks to the volunteers who helped restore this beautiful, historic building.
This 121 year old building graces the corner of Hwy 150 and Boys Home Road in Glenn Springs.